Monday, September 28, 2009

Yellow brick road to SIR (RWYB 3rd round 09)

I stayed up late Saturday evening, was really trying hard to sleep early but unfortunately was able to sleep past 2 in the morning.

I wake up around 6 in the morning, (which is late if we thinking of going to subic and by 7:30 reg starts) still contemplating if i should race or not.. did'nt really think of it much, just drove to subic and tried to catch the registration.

I drove 180 kph from Santa Rosa to Edsa, mellowed a bit and then 180 again once in NLEX, then SCTEX, my engine has a speed limit, once you touch the 180 kph, it cuts the fuel... so i let it like that for the duration of SLEX, NLEX, SCTEX. which has a bad combination of low octane gas on a high comp engine...

I heard a early detonation (knocking) on my engine but didnt actually bothered to lower down the speed, which i think broke my engine. so after that NLEX, SCTEX pedal to the metal when i was approaching around 5 to 7 kms before the Subic toll, i heard knocknig again, this time with sudden loss of power... know i now im in trouble. so I limp my car on 60 kph thru the toll and stopped after the toll, and try to fix tammy, looked on the spark plugs, 2 cylinders are not creating power... oh my, was thinking did i made my head gasket blown again???!!! apparently not yet...

Called up some friends, Jun, Jeff, Pilip, Pat to help out... Guided me to a shop and tried solve the problem, but to no avail. So we came back to SIR to finish the RWYB 3rd round. Phat lent me his car.

Fortunately enough, I won third place for the 1.00 class... hehehe... thanks war car!



anyways its done deal for me for the day but a very very long one for tammy!

5 comments: